Workarounds and Their Implications for Patient Safety
1. What is a workaround? Identify a workaround (specific to technology used in a hospital setting) that you have used or perhaps seen someone else use and analyze why you feel this risk-taking behavior was chosen over behavior that conforms to a safety culture. What are the risks? Are there benefits? Why or why not?
Write my essay: instant help with papers
Get your A+ university work in on time with the help of a professional writer on our service. Submit a "do my paper" request and proceed to do whatever your heart desires.Get Help Now!
2. Discuss the current patient safety characteristics used by your current workplace or clinical site. Identify at least three aspects of your workplace or clinical environment that need to be changed with regard to patient safety (including confidentiality), and then suggest strategies for change.
Using the instructions above, let’s begin a discussion on patient safety, the effects workarounds, and how to integrate informatics tools to improve current practices.
· CO 2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
· CO 4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
· CO 5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support nursing practice.
· CO 6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy.
· CO 7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse-sensitive outcomes.
· CO 8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.
As we know, patient safety is an important goal for all of healthcare. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to maintain with all the needs for various patients. As you go through this week’s discussion, I would like to you to also see what informatics can do to improve patient safety and deal with workarounds that occur throughout healthcare. Do you have any experiences in a negative or positive workaround and how informatics could have helped it? Have you been in any situation where patient safety was compromised, and you feel informatics could have prevented it? How can you, as a nursing student, promote patient safety and information confidentiality?
McGonigle, D. & Mastrian, K. (2018). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge(4th ed.). Jones and Bartlett.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!