No unread replies.No replies.
The purpose of this assignment is to enhance the student’s clinical reasoning, confidence and learning of multiple pharmacological agents through facilitated discussion.
Write my essay: instant help with papers
Get your A+ university work in on time with the help of a professional writer on our service. Submit a "do my paper" request and proceed to do whatever your heart desires.Get Help Now!
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Create an appropriate evidence-based medication treatment plan for a select disease (CO1-5)
Week 5: Grand Rounds PowerPoint Presentation due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5. In Week you only need to post your Kaltura presentation in the discussion thread. You do not need to reply to your peer’s presentations.
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for presentations posted after the deadline on Sunday and will follow the late deductions policy stated in the syllabus.
Total Points Possible: 75 points
1. In Week 5, you will create a PowerPoint presentation on a primary care problem that is assigned to you by your professor.
2. The PowerPoint presentation should be narrated using the Kaltura media application.
3. Please refer to the “How to use Kaltura” recording below. If you have technical issues, please contact your faculty or Tech Support. Make sure you click on the Screen & Webcam box to record in Kaltura. For more information on Kaltura, see Resources.
4. Present a fictional patient with the assigned medical condition to address all of the following:
· Describe the most commonly prescribed drugs for the assigned condition.
· Provide evidence by sharing clinical guidelines, research articles, or other scholarly materials to support your findings.
· Identify barriers to practice or issues related to the condition and the use of pharmacologic treatment, including potential issues related to cultural diversity and healthcare literacy
· Describe the expected outcomes for medication management, including expectations for follow up care.
5. The overall presentation must meet the following requirements:
· Time: between 8-12 minutes total and no more than 15 slides
· Citations should be provided at the bottom of slides
· A full reference list should be included in APA format on the final slide.
6. Additionally, you will create five (5) multiple choice questions derived from your presentation content. Include the questions on a slide in your presentation, but DO NOT provide the answers. Instead, you will provide the answers to these by submitting a Word Document attachment using the paperclip on the week 5 discussion board (as shown below).
7. The PowerPoint presentation and questions are due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
8. In Week 6, you will again post your Kaltura presentation to the weekly discussion board, without the answers to the questions. To better facilitate a robust discussion, your presentation will need to be posted by Monday 11:59 p.m. MT at the start of Week 6.
If you have technical issues, please contact your faculty or Tech Support.
**To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.
|Case Study(4 required elements)||10||13.3%||1. Student’s case is based on a fictional patient with the assigned medical condition2. Subjective data from the patient’s history includes ALL of the following:· History of Present Illness (HPI)· Previous Medical History· Medication Allergies3. Objective data from the patient includes:· Vital Signs· Physical exam findings4. Relevant labs or test results are included (IF pertinent to the medication management of the assigned condition)|
|Description of Disease(4 required elements)||10||13.3%||1. A brief pathophysiology statement of the condition is presented; AND2. Common signs and symptoms of the condition are discussed (include relevant labs or tests if applicable); AND3. Potential barriers related to cultural or socioeconomic diversity and/or healthcare literacy are discussed; AND4. At least 1 viable solution to overcoming these barriers are presented|
|Medication Management(6 required elements)||20||26.6%||1. An evidence-based medication plan is presented and includes ALL of the following:· A detailed description of first line prescribed medications recommended for the condition· A detailed description of the second line medication that would be prescribed IF the patient had an allergy to 1st line treatment2. Medication details include ALL of the following:· Trade and generic names for each medication· Typical dose for each medication· Mechanism of action for each medication presented; AND3. For each medication, the following is included:· Adverse effects· Major contraindications for use· Major drug-drug interactions4. At least 1 common alternative therapy for treatment of the disease is discussed5. The optimal outcome for treatment with the suggested medication is stated6. Expectations for patient follow-up related to the medication plan is discussed|
|Evidence Based Support(4 required elements)||20||26.6%||1. Requirements for the disease description are supported with appropriate references (textbook is acceptable in this section).2. Treatment plan is supported with a minimum of 2 appropriate, scholarly sources*; AND3. Sources are published within the last 5 years (unless it is the most current CPG); AND4. A Reference list is provided with in-text citations to match* Textbooks, non-US journals, nursing journals not intended for advanced practice providers are NOT considered scholarly references for treatment decisions.|
|60||80%||Total CONTENT Points= 60 pts|
|Organization & Format(6 required elements)||10||13.3%||1. Presentation is created in PowerPoint and narrated with Kaltura; AND2. Slides are clear and easy to read; AND3. The slides do not exceed 15 (excluding title slide, test questions and reference slides); AND4. The oral presentation is no less than 8 minutes and no longer than 12 minutes; AND5. Citations are listed on the bottom of slides with a separate reference slide at the end; AND6. Slide content has minimal spelling, grammatical, syntax, APA format, or punctuation errors|
|Test Your Knowledge Questions(4 required elements)||5||6.6%||1. Five (5) knowledge-based are included at the end of the presentation (without answers); AND2. Knowledge-based questions are multiple-choice questions (not true/false); AND3. The same questions WITH the correct responses are submitted as an attachment using the paperclip in the Week 5 discussion board.4. Questions directly relate to the content of the presentation|
|15||20%||Total FORMAT Points= 15 pts|
|75||100%||DISCUSSION TOTAL=75 points|
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!