The purpose of the graded collaborative discussions is to engage faculty and students in an interactive dialogue to assist the student in organizing, integrating, applying, and critically appraising knowledge regarding advanced nursing practice. Scholarly information obtained from credible sources as well as professional communication are required. Application of information to professional experiences promotes the analysis and use of principles, knowledge, and information learned and related to real-life professional situations. Meaningful dialogue among faculty and students fosters the development of a learning community as ideas, perspectives, and knowledge are shared.
Write My Essay: Instant Help With Assignments
Submit a "do my paper" request and proceed to do whatever your heart desires.Get Help Now!
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care (CO1)
- Apply concepts of person-centered care to nursing practice situations (CO2)
- Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems (CO3)
- Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings (CO4)
I. Application of Course Knowledge: of Course Knowledge:
The student post contributes unique perspectives or insights gleaned from personal experience or examples from the healthcare field. The student must accurately and fully discuss the topic for the week in addition to providing personal or professional examples. The student must completely answer the entire initial question.
Integration of Evidence: The student post provides support from a minimum of one scholarly in-text citation with a matching reference AND assigned readings OR online lessons, per discussion topic per week.
- What is a scholarly resource? A scholarly resource is one that comes from a professional, peer-reviewed publication (e.g., journals and government reports such as those from the FDA or CDC).
- Contains references for sources cited
- Written by a professional or scholar in the field and indicates credentials of the author(s)
- Is no more than 5 years old for clinical or research article
- What is not considered a scholarly resource?
- Newspaper articles and layperson literature (e.g., Readers Digest, Healthy Life Magazine, Food, and Fitness)
- Information from Wikipedia or any wiki
- Website homepages
- The weekly lesson
- Articles in healthcare and nursing-oriented trade magazines, such as Nursing Made Incredibly Easy and RNMagazine (Source: What is a scholarly article.docx; Created 06/09 CK/CL Revised: 02/17/11, 09/02/11 nlh/clm)
- Can the lesson for the week be used as a scholarly source?
- Information from the weekly lesson can be cited in a posting; however, it is not to be the sole source used in the post.
- Are resources provided from CU acceptable sources (e.g., the readings for the week)?
- Not as a sole source within the post. The textbook and/or assigned (required) articles for the week can be used, but another outside source must be cited for full credit. Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources for the purpose of discussions.
- Are websites acceptable as scholarly resources for discussions?
- Yes, if they are documents or data cited from credible websites. Credible websites usually end in .gov or .edu; however, some .org sites that belong to professional associations (e.g., American Heart Association, National League for Nursing, American Diabetes Association) are also considered credible websites. Websites ending with .com are not to be used as scholarly resources
IV. Professionalism in Communication: The post presents information in logical, meaningful, and understandable sequence, and is clearly relevant to the discussion topic. Grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate.
DeNisco, S.M. & Barker, A. M. (2015). Advanced practice nursing: Essential knowledge for the profession (3rd ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 5: Influencing and Leading Change in the Complex Healthcare Environment: The Role of the Advanced Practice Nurse p. 110-116.
- Chapter 6: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health p. 123-135
- Chapter 7: An Overview of U.S. Healthcare Delivery p. 174- 176 The Systems Framework
Lis, G. A., Hanson, P., Burgermeister, D., & Banfield, B. (2014). Transforming graduate nursing education in the context of complex adaptive systems: Implications for master’s and DNP curricula. Journal of Professional Nursing, 30(6), 456—462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2014.05.003 003
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!