Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 13 (PROVIDED IN THE ATTACHMENTS) of the course text, and watch the What is a Stem Cell?
Write My Essay: Instant Help With Assignments
Submit a "do my paper" request and proceed to do whatever your heart desires.Get Help Now!
These resources cover brain injury and repair.
In your discussion,
- Analyze the clinical, biological, and psychological factors that are important in successful recovery of brain functions after brain damage.
- How can the brain repair itself or restore lost function after traumatic brain injury (TBI) or other causes of brain damage?
- Be sure to focus on the concept and mechanisms in neuroplasticity. The text lists ways that the brain can repair itself, but reminds us later in the chapter that in adults in most areas of the brain neurons cannot replicate (undergo mitosis in the process of neurogenesis) to replace lost/dead neurons. There are some areas of the brain, such as the hippocampus (which is responsible for formation of new memories), which are capable of neurogenesis, but in adults other areas of the brain must utilize neuroplasticity to restore lost function.
- Discuss what clinical, biological, and psychological factors are important in successful brain function recovery outcomes.
- What are some clinical interventions (e.g., medication, surgery, stem cell therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation techniques, and psychotherapy) that help facilitate the restoration of lost brain function?
- Include information on brain structures, pathways, neurotransmitters/receptors, and psychological factors when discussing the topic areas above.
- Additional emphasis should be placed on relating the underlying pathology of brain trauma and damage to the actual biological mechanisms of how various treatments support repair or restoration of function.
- Also in your discussion, imagine you are in a career position that utilizes a degree in psychology. These may include, but are not limited to, careers such as a social worker, teacher or teacher’s aide, child care worker, psychiatric technician or other behavioral health staff, peer support specialist, social service specialist, probation or parole officer, case manager, human resources professional, rehabilitation of vocational counselor, or behavioral counselor.
- How would your knowledge of the neurobiology of traumatic brain injury help you in your professional life?
- How would this knowledge help you better assist your clients, students, or patients?
- For instance, think of how this knowledge would help support reinforce the need for compliance with recommended treatments, or how to implement recommendations for modifications of the patient’s work or lifestyle to accommodate complications of brain injury.
In keeping with the focus of this class, the emphasis should be placed on the role of neurotransmitter and receptor systems, neuroanatomical (brain) regions and structures, functions of different brain regions, and neurological functional pathways. You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed and/or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your post should be a minimum of 250 words. You may cite and reference your textbook, required or recommended reading, or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
(MUST USE VIDEOS WITH LINKS AND TEXTBOOK PROVIDED IN ATTACHMENTS AS
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!